The Development/Office Assistant will report to the Director of Development and Special Projects to support administrative functionality and the overall efficiency of the Development and Administrative Offices of the Black Doctors COVID19 Consortium (BDCC).
The Development/Office Assistant is responsible for:
- Tracking donations and maintaining donor files;
- Preparing and sending donor acknowledgements;
- Working in tandem with the Director of Development and Special Projects to provide follow-up materials and updates to donors and Executive Leadership;
- Identifying and reporting on potential funding sources;
- Supporting grant-writing and reporting efforts;
- Maintaining the calendar of funding opportunities and donor engagement opportunities in tandem with the Director of Development and Special Projects; and
- Supporting the general administrative office duties including copying, filing, mailings, accepting deliveries, maintaining PPE and supply inventory, and other duties as assigned.
The Development/Office Assistant must possess organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines. Additionally, the Development/Office Assistant should have the ability to function either independently or as an active team member. This team member must have outstanding communication skills, both oral and written. Finally, the Development/Office Assistant must have previous administrative assistant or customer service experience and be capable of managing sensitive and confidential information with integrity.
Professional Experience and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Assistant’s Degree.
- Minimum of 2 years nonprofit or fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and carry out assignments independently to meet specific timelines and goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to multitask
- Strong computer experience, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Goggle Platforms).
- Database experience Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, Kindful, etc.